Apple released iOS 10.0.1 over the biggest iOS 10 only days after the official announcement. It is a minor scale update released focusing on several fixes and also aiming a stable iOS experience. So here you have all the needed facts about iOS 10.0.1 Download, install together with new jailbreak facts. If you too in view of a stable iOS run, don’t miss the chance and just have a look.
iOS 10.0.1 is a sudden update Apple brought over the big release iOS 10 without any pre-notice. As per the release note iOS, 10.0.1 brings fixes to the Siri recognition issue, the audio quality problem for calls over VoLTE, Apple Watch, and Bluetooth connectivity issue together focusing on some more minor failures. It is too supported to the devices that are work finely on iOS 10. In that way, you can head iOS 10.0.1 Download via OTA or manually through iTunes.
iOS 10.0.1 Download-Supported Devices
- iPhone 5 and iPhone 5s
- iPhone 5c
- iPhone 6/6 Plus, iPhone 6s/6s Plus
- Latest iPhone 7/7 Plus
- iPhone SE
- 9.7 inch /12.9 inch iPad Pro models
- iPad 4/iPad Air /iPad Air 2
- 6th Gen iPod touch
- iPad mini 2/3 and iPad mini 4
iOS 10.0.1 Download through iTunes
Update: You will now find iOS 10.0.2 download opportunities via OTA which was updated days after iOS 10.0.1. It too comes addressing some minor issues with iOS 10 including the fix to iPhone 7 audio bug. In that way, you can now download iOS 10.0.2 via OTA while heading iOS 10.0.1 manually through iTunes (This is more preferable if you wish to make changes with iOS 10.0.1 jailbreak yet to be released)
You can install iOS 10.0.1 through iTunes using Windows or Mac PC help. Prior to begin update to the latest iTunes version and make sure to have a complete backup of your device’s data too.
- Step 1: Download iOS 10.0.1 IPSW file (You will find different files for different device models, so check with the device support)
- Step 2: Settings > iCloud and turn off Find my iPhone option temporarily
- Step 3: Connect your Device to Mac/Windows PC
- Step 4: Launch iTunes and find your connected device
- Step 5: Hold Alt (Mac users) or Shift (Windows users) and click restore
- Step 6: Select the IPSW firmware file
- Step 7: Wait for the installation
Note: You can still downgrade iOS 10.0.1 to iOS 10 with a clean, simple restore through iTunes
iOS 10.0.1 jailbreak is the next powerful jailbreak chapter yet to announce. Even though Luca Todesco has confirmed the possibilities, we are still quite far from an official tool. In that way, all users upgraded to iOS 10.0.1 will have to wait some time ahead to get the latest jailbreak updates. So here are all the jailbreak attempts we find from iOS 10 betas to updated iOS 10.0.1.
- Developer iH8snow with iOS 10 jailbreak only days after the first beta revealed at WWDC
- Team Pangu at MOSEC
- Through the video “YaluX” Luca Todesco demonstrated Cydia install on iOS 10 when iOS 10 beta 8 released
- Luca Todesco showed a detailed video proving Cydia substrate support for the iOS 10 final version
- The final confirmation is once again from Luca which proves iPhone 7 jailbreak on iOS 10.0.1
For the concluding confirmation at the moment, Luca has proven iOS 10.0.1 jailbreak on the latest iPhone 7. It is only a picture proof that shows Cydia 1.1.26 installed on iPhone 7. As to the picture iOS, 10.0.1 jailbreak is possible, but until a tool comes in view no one will be able to jailbreak iOS 10/iOS 10.0.1/iOS 10.0.2. So let’s wait and see whether Pangu going to rule the newest Apple software just like they worked on iOS 9.
Update: Zerodium bounty for iOS 10 jailbreak is now announced. So all eligible iOS hackers can now compete for a bigger $1.5 Million reward
You will be able to hunt more interesting iOS updates in approaching days. Until then head iOS 10.0.1 Download and have a stable iOS run on your iPhone/iPad/iPod Touch. Feel free to write about any doubts you get in the times of our writings.